Tuesday, August 18, 2015

BBA Representative Responds to Tasteless Claims That She Had Dressed 'Indecently' During Her Horrible Near-Rape Encounter with a Taxi Guy



When a woman is in a situation where she gets raped or survives a rape attempt, the question most people ask is “Were you dressed indecently ?” or “Where were you?” or “Did you provoke him?”
A sort of victim-shaming which has seen many women keep a rape ordeal to themselves for fear of vilification or judgmental questions.

But Ann Mbaru thankfully opened up about her near-rape ordeal, saving many women in the process. But unfortunately there were people who viewed her public declaration as a way of seeking for attention, with others blaming her ordeal on indecent dressing.

“I don't expect everyone to understand what I experienced. I don't expect to be heard but all I need is personal respect and an apology from the 'social animal ' who almost raped me... I have not aired the full ordeal but kindly tolerate my posts. My index finger was twisted when I tried disarming someone's father... Truth be told I was wearing black on black, and fully covered with no cleavage showing. It emotionally hurts when some of you say I was indecently dressed and I was not. Please don't take this matter at hand if you were not there with me begging for my life to be set free. The situation is being handled by the police. It could have been your daughter, wife or friends at large. This situation has left me emotionally and psychologically affected... Regardless of whatever, I'm speaking for the people. My finger was almost broken because of being alert and crying my heart out to be released. The man is known for doing that to women according to reliable sources. The worst bit about it, is when the man told me they love women like us to rape... Thank you for the kind words and concern. I'm only angry at one man... The common rapist.” she wrote.

Sue Watiri !


EmoticonEmoticon